Thursday, June 11, 2009

Daf 49- Quiz

Q. What is the remez in the Torah that a person should strive to keep his word when he says yes or no ?

A. Hin Tzedek.

***
Q. Why is it wrong for a person to say one thing but in his mind he has other plans ?

A. There is a lack of truth & it is a form of theft. See Rambam

***
Q. What if someone mentioned to a friend I plan to give you a gift , but now he is reconsidering , is it permissible ?
A. It depends if it was a small amount & they were relying on it one should not retract.
***
Q. If someone asks , can you watch my money & the response is - my house is available , does he become responsible ?

A. Not unless he adds , put it in front of me or I will watch it.
***
Q. If a seller overcharghed or if a buyer underpaid what is the penalty ?

A. When it is the amount of a sixth they are obligated to pay back.
Now may be a good time for a gem of Torah study.
www.GemsofTorah.com